DevOps Engineer - Mid or Senior Level
Location: Either London, Reading, Bridgend, Bristol or Birmingham.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a DevOps Engineer your work will include a multitude interesting projects, learning modern tooling and techniques to facilitate cutting-edge products on a variety of cloud and bare-metal platforms and collaborating with senior members. As a senior engineer, you will get the opportunity to contribute towards process and technology choices that help deliver the best solutions for our clients and have opportunities to lead projects.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate programming experience in python or a similar programming language, problem solving complemented by good analytical and reasoning abilities. Also command line knowledge (linux or windows) is required.
- Senior Engineers will need to show experience across most of the below
- Experience in software development lifecycle (Agile/Lean methodologies)
- Awareness of security concerns and best practices.
- Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment Pipelines (Jenkins/Bamboo)
- Configuration As Code (TravisCI/Jenkinsfile or similar)
- Infrastructure As Code (AWS CloudFormation/Azure Resource Manager/Terraform)
- Linux (RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu) & Windows Server (2008 and above)
- Containerisation (Docker) and Container Orchestration Systems (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, DC/OS)
- Configuration Management Tooling (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Virtualisation (VMware/VirtualBox/Hyper-V)
- Virtual Machine Tooling (Vagrant, Packer)
- Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Server monitoring and alarms (CloudWatch/New Relic/DataDog/Splunk/ELK)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Deployment and management of large scale systems and estates