• Manage small-scale development projects to delivery deadlines.
• Provide feedback on assigned task progress as agreed.
• Translate software requirements into concise and robust programming code.
• Maintain any legacy applications identifying opportunities to improve the
code-base and design for improved maintainability.
• Testing development to a high quality including user-acceptance testing to ensure the application can be used easily and accurately.
• Increase application efficiency and adaptability to new requirements.
• Devise possible solutions to predicted problems, evaluating other options.
• Produce technical documentation to describe system usage.
• Work closely with the Test Analyst to ensure all feedback and issues are addressed in a timely manner.
• Liaise with third-parties to implement external dependencies.
• Provide telephone support both internally and to external clients.
• Consult resource material to maintain and further existing skills and knowledge.
• Implement Unit Tests to Prove additions and changes to codebase.
• Provide code review peer feedback
• Minimum 3 years as a Java Developer.
Skills / Attributes
• Programming in Java, working with SQL.
• Ability to work in a self-organising Agile environment.
• Understanding of quality development (unit tests, integration tests).
• Flexibility in working throughout the technology stack.
• Awareness of the challenges of processing large-scale data sets.