Our client, a not for profit organisation in the education sector, is looking for an IT generalist to oversee their IT infrastructure, manage all day to day support and assist with their virtual learning.
They are looking with an individual with demonstrable experience of:
• Developing and improving IT infrastructure to deliver:
o effective collaborative work processes across the organisation;
o efficient and compliant data processing (including a regular programme of audits);
o strong network support and security (and where relevant manage third-party suppliers);
o technical support to senior managers managing risk and contingency planning; and
o good-quality working partnerships with key external stakeholders in sourcing and maintaining suitable and robust IT solutions/equipment and ensuring continuity of service provision where relevant.
Day-to-day IT Support
• Managing in-house administration of email accounts;
• Ensuring that the Client's employees have access to adequate IT facilities and where practicable, resolving technical issues or escalating to third-party suppliers as appropriate; and
• Resolving basic queries from students and staff relating to the Virtual Learning Environment, escalating technical support issues to third-party suppliers where appropriate.
Virtual Learning Environment: Moodle
• Undertaking personal development to build confidence and proficiency in managing and administering the client's VLE;
• Supporting colleagues in updating teaching materials and other content on the VLE;
• Ensuring the assignment-submission infrastructure is correctly set-up and maintained, enabling effective use of plug-ins for key academic reporting processes;
• Assisting in the development and training of academic and support staff to use Moodle, including writing and updating user guides in collaboration with colleagues; and
• Shaping and continuously improving user experience of the VLE, in collaboration with the clients Support Staff and educational design specialists.
• Experience of implementing a SQL relational database and providing technical administrative support to database users.
• Experience in providing generalist IT support and administration.
• Demonstrable skills in modern network infrastructure devices, network management and systems security.
• Evidence of commitment to own continuing professional development in IT and/or E Learning.