Linux System Administrator
Location: Corsham, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Security Clearance: For this role our client is only able to accept candidates if they hold or fulfil the criteria to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Our clients Linux System Administrators are a key part of the Operations Team and are responsible for the development, maintenance and administration of the platform.
• Excellent Linux system administrative skills and a passion for technology are essential. This role is operationally focussed, extremely interesting and offers exceptional personal and professional development for anyone wanting to expand their System Administration skill set.
• 12 months minimum Linux experience as a System Administrator (ideally RHEL).
• Experience of managing and administering anti-virus, system back up and monitoring
• Familiarity with the core tools such as git, ssh, Linux command line and Bash.
• Able to write documentation detailing routine system administrative tasks such as
restoring services from back-ups, swapping out un-serviceable hardware etc.
• Root cause analysis and debugging to aid in resolution of functional and performance
• A passion for learning new technologies and innovation.
• Networking familiarity – e.g., can describe HTTP protocol, TCP/IP.
• Experience of Hadoop or distributed computation.
• Experience of Big Data.
• Able to write scripts using Python or Bash.
• Experience of automation/configuration management (i.e. Ansible).