Lead Software Engineer
Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Lead Software Engineer working as part of their team developing and evolving software applications working with Government on engagement that make real positive differences to people's lives in the UK.
Due to the nature of the work candidates must already hold or be willing and eligible to hold SC level UK Security Clearance.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- In your role as Lead Software Engineer your initial role will be to work on a Proof Of Concept hosted in the Azure Cloud.
- You'll work alongside a Solutions Architect, Data Architect and another Senior Developer to establish a preferred approach for storing POLE data currently residing in a variety of legacy management systems (structured data) for one of our key Government clients.
- The team are running a series of Architectural and technology selection sprints to be followed by a series of design sprints – 80% focussed on POLE store (you'll need graph database knowledge and API development experience for this) and 20% focussed on search (experience of Elasticsearch would be great here).
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- As a Lead Software Engineer you will need to have experience of developing API frameworks using REST API integration, preferably with experience of running Proof of Concepts.
- If you have experience of managing data in a government/secure environment this would be an advantage.
Candidates with a good proportion of these skills will be considered:
• Must Have (all candidates need this):
o API Gateway Frameworks development using REST API integration
o Graph databases, particularly Neo4j
• Should have (candidate should have the majority of skills in this category)
o Lead developer/designer, not junior team member
o Experience of leading PoCs with an Agile methodology
o Implementing POLE Data models using graph databases