Senior Systems BI Analyst - SAP Business Objects / Power BI - Hayes - £50k p.a. + Benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen due to an internal restructure in a large international retail organisation. Click have been engaged to recruit a Senior Systems BI Analyst to join a team providing various services to business units across Europe and the Middle East, including some distributors in Europe and Russia.
Specific Responsibilities/ Tasks:
• Developing partnerships, acting as a liaison between the technical and business teams to understand, troubleshoot, interpret and provide guidance on reporting and data needs.
• Leading education and socialization of Business Intelligence capabilities to empower self-service report creation.
• Analysing client requests and designing solutions based on stated requirements.
• Acting as project leader on small to mid-size projects as assigned.
• Gathering and documenting business requirements for reporting and data requests.
• Updating procedures, operation instructions, and any other documentation impacted by application changes.
• Participating in department committees/teams within the IT department to develop various procedures/policies.
Skills and experience required to apply:
• Expertise of all areas of Business Intelligence with experience with one or more of the following tools:
o SAP Business Objects
o Power BI
o Other reporting tools
• Strong communication and documentation skills
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
• Ability of establish and maintain credibility with colleagues – presenting oneself in an authoritative, accurate and dependable manner
• Ability to tailor communication to match full range of levels
• Ability to act at all times in a way that demonstrates and promotes the values, image and reputation of the organisation
• Excellent active listening skills
• Team player
• Quick learner to gain strong knowledge of departmental procedures and standards, as well as various technologies utilised by the department
• Ability to develop and evaluate alternative technical solutions to best meet the needs of the business
• Ability to develop and communicate task specific project plans
• Ability to manage from start to finish small to medium size project requests with minimal supervision
• Ability to handle several assignments simultaneously
• Ability to complete tasks meeting project plan schedules and deadlines
Knowledge in the following ‘wish list' areas is advantageous:
o Big Data concepts and Advanced Analytics
o SQL Server
o Data Warehousing
o Data Modelling
o HANA Modelling
• BSC in Computer Information Systems or BA in Computer Science preferred
• Graduate Calibre
We are taking applications now, interviews ASAP, ideal start March/April but will wait for the right candidate.