Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - UK wide - £60k - £90k p.a. + bonus + benefits (dependant on experience)
Join a leading independent Oracle Consulting Practice, team are responsible for Oracle's transformation into the cloud business area as the go-to provider of Enterprise grade public cloud services across UK and Europe.
We are looking for Oracle Infrastructure Engineers (Mid–Senior level) to work hands-on with Oracle's IaaS and PaaS products in exciting and dynamic project environments.
Consultancy work isn't for everyone but our client wants to make sure that they find the right people to work in the team, so flexibility is key e.g. some of the team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. If you are the right person for this role, our client will find the right working approach that suits you.
The role of the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Engineer:
• You will take a hands-on role on new and existing complex Oracle Cloud implementations, working with Oracle's OCI and PaaS products. These solutions may support data centre to cloud migrations or cloud-native initiatives focused around digital enablement, microservices, API strategies and apps modernisation.
• You will deploy, manage and operate Oracle technology solutions across the spectrum of modern infrastructure
• You will be required to work with modern Open Source or third-party solutions on occasion
• You will support Subject Matter Experts for one or more technical aspect of the projects on which you work
• You will support and enable technical aspects of Oracle Cloud Migration Assessments and Oracle Cloud Solutions across a range of industries
• You will be given opportunities to gain exposure to wider Cloud offerings including those across Oracle's IaaS and PaaS portfolios but also in other public or private clouds where appropriate.
• You will continue to develop your expertise in the UK Oracle Practice in one or more specific technologies, with the opportunity to progress to technical SME roles and beyond into architecture or project management
To apply candidates should have the following:
• You will be happy to work in the consultancy world and possess the required ‘Have bag will travel' attitude (UK wide)
• You will be an Oracle Engineer with experience in one or more aspects of modern infrastructure such as Networking, Compute, Storage, Databases, Replication, Containerisation, Event Stream Processing and PaaS deployment
• An awareness of modern Cloud-native infrastructure and development practices such as Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management tooling, DevOps tooling and practices as well as the evolution and operation of CI/CD including tools such as Terraform, Jenkins and Ansible
• Awareness of end to end project delivery and the associated implementation methodologies
• Strong technical skills with infrastructure products
• The ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and to communicate and escalate effectively
• Passion and a genuine interest for Oracle Cloud technologies and products
• Awareness of Oracle's IaaS and PaaS strategy and portfolio with the ability to learn quickly
Roles are live and applications are being taken now.