We are recruiting for a number of Senior Java Engineers on behalf of our major multinational computer software client base in the western fringes of Edinburgh.
The successful candidates will be part of the Cloud Technology unit in a supportive, trusting and transparent working environment. It will provide unrivalled experiences where you can get to solve hard mission-critical problems at a very large scale in what will be one of the finest working environments in Edinburgh.
This is an inspiring company for more 20,000 worldwide employees which is ever growing and innovative.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:-
• Writing, reviewing and maintaining code primarily in Java
• Working closely with engineering and technical planning teams
• Creating tooling and automation to reduce operational burdens
The candidates must have the following skills and experience:
• Strong Java skills
• Excellent troubleshooting and diagnosis skills
• Developing on frameworks such as Spring, Play & Akka would be desirable
• Proficiency in working with Linux systems
• Designing and developing scalable and distributed RESTful APIs
• Cloud service providers e.g. AWS is desirable
• Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly explain complex issues
This is a great permanent opportunity that offers an unrivalled remuneration package.
If you are interested in discussing this role further please get in touch with a CV asap.