Data Platform Engineer
A renowned Consultancy is going through a period of massive expansion and is looking for a number of talented Data Platform Engineers with cloud experience to help spearhead this growth.
This is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking, truly innovative, rapidly expanding and market leading company that truly values those who contribute to it its success.
The environment is friendly and informal with flexible working hours and a strong emphasis on providing a healthy work life balance.
Some of the skills we would like you to have are listed below, however, we are a forward looking company that value people and understand that a list of skills does not make a person so please apply if you can demonstrate passion for some of these skills rather than practical experience.
• Azure (e.g. ADLS, Cosmos DB, Azure Analytics) or AWS (e.g Athena, Redshift, Glue, EMR) or Google Cloud Platform
• Python, Spark, SQL
• Experience of developing enterprise grade ETL/data pipelines with tools like Informatica and Talend
• Hadoop (especially the Cloudera and Hortonworks distributions), other NoSQL (especially Neo4j and Elastic), and streaming technologies (especially Spark Streaming)
• Deep understanding of data manipulation/wrangling techniques
• Experience using development and deployment technologies, for instance virtualisation and management (e.g. Vagrant, Virtualbox), continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Concourse, Drone, Bamboo), configuration management tooling (e.g. Ansible) and containerisation technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm
This is a permanent Data Platform Engineer position, offering excellent career opportunities and progression and is paying a ramge of salaries across different grades from £55,000 p.a. - £110,000 p.a.