SAS Developer – London - Perm £45k-£50k p.a.
Join the development team of a Data & Analytics consultancy delivery group working on the delivery of various large/complex data solutions. The group provides a wide range of data analytics solutions in support of clients business priorities. You'll be working alongside Business Analysts, Solutions Architects, Software Architects, and Software Engineers across the full software and solution delivery lifecycle.
The developer will advise project leadership on technical issues, progress, plans to resolve. You will be comfortable attending client work-shops and providing consultancy/advice on technical decisions and designs.
• Act as technical development consultant at client and internal proposal/bid/design workshops
• Analyse business requirements, translating to technical solution design, incorporating key considerations to all functional and non-functional requirements
• Break down design to component development streams, lead developers, providing quality review, technical advice and leadership to successful delivery
• Ensure development standards and processes are followed and quality software products are delivered
• Maintain hands-on elements of component development, often taking ownership for complex solution elements
• Contribute to the continuous review and improvement of the delivery group's technical strategy, and delivery process improvements maintaining and improving quality and efficiency of delivery
• Act as a coach and mentor to the delivery groups wider software engineering community; maintaining an awareness of related product and toolset developments in the industry, assessing for applicability and delivering knowledge sharing to the delivery group.
What you will need you to bring to the team:
1. You will be Subject Matter Expert in SAS technologies, and have an awareness of technology sets across the data engineering, data/DevOps and data analytics sphere.
2. You will be fully familiar with Agile software /solutions delivery, and be able to work closely with Product Owner, Scrum Master, Agile team members and contribute to sprint planning, sprint delivery, blocker resolution, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives and provide expert technical support and guidance to the scrum team.
3. SME SAS technologies covering: SAS base, SAS analytics, SAS DI server, SAS DI Studio, SAS data management, SAS enterprise guide, SAS fraud framework, SAS Information maps, SAS Platform administration, SAS portal, SAS programming, SAS SPDS, SAS visual analytics, SAS visual investigator.
It will be beneficial if you have supplementary knowledge of the following key technologies:
• Oracle database, SQL, PLSQL, Unix
• Hadoop Cloudera Ecosystem
• Pentaho DI, BA, Ctools
• Terraform, Ansible, Artifactory
• Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Maven
• AWS, Azure
• Amazon Redshift
Interviews ASAP, predicted start date May/June but will wait for the right candidate.