Project Manager (Utilities) – 6 months - £450 -£465 p/d - Portsmouth
Successful candidate will be offered a rolling 6 month contract, you will be a confident, pragmatic Project Manager, with knowledge and experience of the full Project Application Development Lifecycle, who will be able to take responsibility for the delivery of specific projects at varying stages of maturity, from inception through to go-live and support. The projects being delivered mostly sit in the application domain, however, there may also be a requirement to deliver some business change and possibly infrastructure elements.
Exposure to Project Management in a retail environment with a large Energy / Utilities company is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Project Management experience gained in a large corporate enterprise – ideally utilities
• Good experience of managing end to end delivery of projects (App dev not infrastructure), including PIDS, RAID, Finances and Stakeholder Management and strong project governance
• Ability to provide leadership, focus and direction for the project team
• Ability to identify key stakeholders and strong project governance
• Is able to facilitate an environment that supports our clients corporate Vision and Values, whilst encouraging innovation
• Demonstrable skills in managing project risks and issues
• Experience in application/IT based programme or project management
• Experience of a matrix organisation
• Organisational Change Management training awareness
• PRINCE2, PMP or similar methodology to Practitioner level
• Experience of project cost accounting
• Excellent understanding of IT products, services and systems
• Experience of managing multiple projects using an enterprise
• High level of aptitude with Microsoft project or similar planning tool
• Experience of differing system development lifecycles and methodologies
• Experience of supplier management
• Customer focused approach
• Highly articulate with effective written, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Team player and collaborator
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a FTSE 50 company that has an ongoing programme of change and transformation in a relaxed but challenging environment.