Calling all Data Architects looking for a new and challenging permanent role in Bournemouth.
This is a great opportunity to help our leading insurance client position the business for the future. The role involves identifying the data needs of the business during its digital transformation, designing blueprints, flow and processing, and aligning data investments. You will be part of a small team of experienced data architects who act as trusted advisers, and work alongside enterprise, solution and technical architects.
Responsibilities and tasks but not limited to:-
• Working closely with project and change managers to educate them about information management roles
• Partnering with business leaders, analysts, architects and software experts to identify data enablers for the delivery of the business strategy
• Creating a data strategy and impact assessment
• Facilitating the identification of business use cases for business intelligence and analytics
• Designing conceptual, logical and physical data models
• Enabling data consumption, including dashboards, reports and analytics, using various user types
• Understanding other important activities, e.g. data governance, data privacy and risk management, etc.
Candidates applying for the role should have the following skills and experience:-
• Ability to identify strategy definition, presentation and storytelling for data, BI and analytics platforms
• Data preparation, data integration and design patterns for data architectures such as data warehousing, data and analytics platforms etc
• Knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g. Zachman, TOGAF)
• Understanding the workings of a holistic architecture function
• Data impact assessment, data modelling, data and analytics frameworks, processes, principles and guidance
• Understanding of relational and non-relational database design and implementation including SQL Server, Oracle, NoSQL
• Experience with at least one key ETL market tool (e.g. Microsoft, Oracle Data Integrator)
• Experience with at least one key BI market tool (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, QlickView)
If you are interested in discussing this role further please get in touch asap or send your CV for consideration.