System Administrator - Guildford - £42k p.a.
We are recruiting for a Digital Team and require a System Administrator with experience of working on 2nd line support of Digital applications & systems administration.
The Digital Team work collaboratively with Digital Development and Content Management teams to support and maintain our clients corporate website. You will provide both technical and administration support as well as a customer focus in order to provide leading service to meet business requirements.
To apply your CV should provide evidence of supporting websites running content management software on Linux (ideally!), along with evidence of working collaboratively with development and content management teams outside of a purely technical support team:
• Good solid Systems Administration and 2nd line support background
• Demonstrable knowledge of mainstream operating systems including Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• Knowledge of mainstream enterprise computing and hardware.
• Good personal organisation and time management abilities gained in a similar environment
• Good communications skills, able to engage both internal and external customers, whether technical or otherwise
• Strong problem solving skills
• An ability to identify weaknesses in current processes and documentation and improve as required
In addition, exposure to any of the following technologies/skillsets would be considered highly advantageous:
• LAMP or LAPP stack administration
• Previous experience working with or in a security operations centre type role would be a distinct advantage
• Strong understanding of common internet protocols (e.g. DNS/NTP/SMTP/SNMP/SFTP/SSL/SSH)
• Background in Web and IT Service Delivery
• Bash and Powershell scripting experience
• Programming language experience (e.g. PHP, SQL, PL/SQL, .NET)