IT Project Manager (Billing – Utilities) – 6 months - £425-£450 p/d - Portsmouth
Successful candidate will be offered a rolling 6 month contract, you will be a confident, pragmatic Project Manager, ideally with knowledge and experience managing existing billing projects within the utility sector.
Candidates should have in-depth full Project Application Development Lifecycle experience and be able to take responsibility for the delivery of this billing project through varying stages of maturity to go-live and support. The project being delivered mostly sits in the application domain, however, there may also be a requirement to deliver some business change and possibly infrastructure elements.
Exposure to Billing Systems Project Management in a retail environment with a large Energy / Utilities company is a 100% match for this contract.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Utility Billing Systems Project Management experience gained in a large corporate enterprise – ideally utilities
• Good experience of managing end to end delivery of projects (App dev not only infrastructure projects), including PIDS, RAID, Finances and Stakeholder Management and strong project governance
• Ability to provide leadership, focus and direction for the project team
• Ability to identify key stakeholders and strong project governance
• Manage project resources
• Is able to facilitate an environment that supports our clients corporate Vision and Values, whilst encouraging innovation
• Demonstrable skills in managing project risks and issues
• Manage cross project and programme dependencies
• Experience in application/IT based programme or project management
• Experience of a matrix organisation
• Organisational Change Management training awareness
• PRINCE2, PMP or similar methodology to Practitioner level
• Experience of project cost accounting
• Excellent understanding of IT products, services and systems
• Experience of managing multiple projects using an enterprise
• High level of aptitude with Microsoft project or similar planning tool
• Experience of differing system development lifecycles and methodologies
• Experience of supplier management
• Customer focused approach
• Highly articulate with effective written, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Team player and collaborator
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a FTSE 50 company that has an ongoing programme of change and transformation in a relaxed but challenging environment.