Microsoft BI Solution Architect - £55k-£80k p.a. Depending on experience – UK Wide Projects
Click have been engaged by a global leader in Insights and Data Global consulting to recruit Microsoft BI Solution Architects at various levels across their UK practice, to apply you should have demand leading Microsoft skills across a variety of BI and Data management technologies. Team have a particular focus on Microsoft and Tableau.
Whilst you may have any of our clients UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
As a Microsoft BI Solution Architect, you will use your knowledge of the Microsoft stack to build OLTP and data warehouse workloads across traditional on-premises and cloud platforms or to build best practice reports, dashboards and visualizations.
You will help the practice grow their capability, designing and delivering modern Microsoft analytical solutions including Azure. You will work with customers to lead their vendor selection processes and architect a full data and analytics solution covering both Cloud and on premises.
Projects are varied and diverse, you may be tasked with helping define a client's data visualisation transformation roadmap, other times you may be rolling your sleeves up and creating some innovative BI solutions for a complex business problem or even assisting in responding to client bid responses.
What you'll be tasked with:
• Design and build MSBI solutions across on-premises and cloud platforms
• Enterprise designs including high-availability, platform migration, high-performing solutions
• Work with clients, local teams and offshore resources to deliver modern Microsoft BI solutions
• Assist in Proof of Concepts
• Assist in Pre-sales
• Lead on aspects of day to day delivery in Agile delivery environments
• Build relationships with clients to establish a high-level of Microsoft BI expertise
• Internally, you will help identify improved ways of working, contribute to the I&D practice and mentor juniors and be part of a knowledge management initiative.
Skills and experience required to apply:
• Knowledge of SQL Server versions 2005 to 2016
• Broad range of skills across the Microsoft stack e.g. SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services, Reporting Services (SSRS) from versions 2005 to 2016.
• Experience with the Azure stack and Microsoft PaaS offerings - Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Data Warehouse plus orchestration products like Azure Data Factory and Enterprise Service Bus
• Familiarity with other cloud providers e.g. Amazon, Google
• Visualisation and data exploration tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, etc.
• Data transformation
• Experience of designing and creating data analytics reports/dashboards
The successful candidates will be offered professional development and accelerated career progression. You'll be working in an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit.
Click is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.