Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (AWS / Azure) - £65k-£68k p.a. – Central London
Join a dynamic hybrid team of an prestigious client, working with an integrated architecture ensuring systems remain accessible, available and well managed. You will act as a 3rd line escalation point for the Service Desk handling loss-of-service incidents, maintenance and problem investigations.
Successful Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for support & implementation activities across a broad range of environments. This comprises both Cloud (AWS & Azure) and on-premise estates supporting domain services, storage, servers, networks and data centres.
As a Cloud SME you will support design through to delivery, forming and supporting the requirements as part of a large and complex Digital Transformation. You will conduct adequate assessments across risk, cost & operations. This will also involve supporting security and remediation activities.
To apply you should have a background / experience in the following:
• Extensive practical and demonstrable experience in Cloud Technologies & IaaS (preferably AWS and/or Azure).
• Demonstrable experience of Infrastructure as a Code tools (e.g. TerraForm or CloudFormation).
• Practical understanding of Cloud architecture concepts, e.g. scaling, performance, security, integration & costs.
• Practical experience of on-premise to Cloud migrations.
• Proficient in one or more scripting languages (e.g. JSON, Python, Bash, PowerShell, Ruby)
• Demonstrable understanding of full-stack infrastructure: - Infrastructure cloud (IaaS) services
o Operating systems (Windows, Linux, Apple IOS)
o Virtualisation & Hypervisors
o Storage and encryption
o IP and virtual networks
• Inspires confidence with an ability to work dynamically, collaboratively & effectively.
• Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking skills with a keen attention to detail.
• Confident in taking on challenges and enjoys learning new concepts, methodologies and technologies.
• Demonstrates personal commitment.
• Solid communication, both written and oral.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure, with experience of dealing with major incidents.
• Experience in Automation & Configuration Management tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
• Experience in Deployment & Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, Travis & Circle CI).
• An understanding of Agile and DevOps methodology.
• Experience of working with collaboration & control tools such as ServiceNow, SharePoint, GitHub & Confluence.
• An understanding of Virtual Networking.
• Practical experience of supporting on-premise data centres, including VMWare platforms, Dell and HP technologies
• AWS Associate level or Azure Stack Operator
• Practical familiarity with ITIL V3
• Working towards AWS Professional level or Azure Solutions Architect
• Microsoft Server qualification e.g. MCSE, MCSA
A fantastic work/life balance working environment, excellent onsite employer perks with plenty of latest tech projects running and planned.
Interview process: Tele interview, face to face Interview, offer/decline
Hiring manager is reviewing CVs as they arrive.