Backend Software Engineer (DevOps) - £65-£70k p.a. + excellent benefits & working environment
Click are looking to recruit an experienced Backend Software Engineer to join our clients Data Labs Team (DLT).
The successful candidate will be heavily involved with the design and build mission critical data products.
The DLT is a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, and social scientists, whose charter is to provide innovative data solutions to meet the needs of both the organisation and the public.
Role will involve:
Build and operate great data products, for use by the organisation, other external organisations, and the general public Design systems that use both structured and unstructured data, together with various machine learning methods.
Work in a diverse team of data scientists, data engineers, social scientists, and others to deliver quality software mentor, share technical knowledge, and provide guidance to technical and non-technical team members, and communicate effectively with managers, partners, product owners, and fellow team members.
To apply you should have skills & experience of the following:
• Strong experience developing in a language such as Python, Go, or Java,
• Strong experience building reliable data and web services,
• Experience deploying services into AWS or Google Cloud Platform, ideally with Kubernetes, and
• Good familiarity with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices, including testing, monitoring, automation, and prioritization of internal work.
• Experience working with solid development practices, git, CI etc.
• Experience leading other developers
• Experience deploying and using data persistence services such as PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Amazon Redshift, or Google BigQuery,
• Experience deploying and using applications powered by distributed data processing services such as Spark or Google Cloud TPU,
• Familiarity with common data science and ML tools such as pandas and sklearn, and
• Experience developing and operating extract-transform-load pipelines, for instance using Apache Airflow, Luigi, or Kafka.
A fantastic work/life balance working environment, excellent onsite employer perks (inc. subsidised bistro & gym) with plenty of latest tech projects running and planned.
Interview process: Tele interview, face to face Interview, offer/decline
Hiring manager is reviewing CVs as they arrive.
Click is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.