SQL DBA – BAU & Project Work – Guildford - c£50k p.a.
Join a Guildford based operations team and take on the role of SQL Database Administrator. The team are responsible for supporting BAU processes as well as significant current and future projects.
You will work closely with both internal and external project teams, particularly within the DevOps space, to help deliver tactical and strategic initiatives.
The SQL DBA will be responsible for continual improvement of our clients SQL estate, automating processes where appropriate and troubleshooting and resolving issues that arise in BAU, documenting resolutions and sharing knowledge across teams.
To apply candidates should have:
• Good solid SQL Database Administration experience
• BAU experience supporting a business critical MS SQL Server estate
• Performance management, patching, troubleshooting and instance/cluster configuration
• Experience managing a highly available, cross site SQL estate environment
• Knowledge and experience of installing and configuring SQL clusters and instances
• Good experience working in project teams with experience working in Azure a distinct advantage
• Experience writing data extraction, transformation and migration procedures
• Good communications skills, able to engage both internal and external customers, whether technical or otherwise
• Strong problem solving skills
• An ability to identify weaknesses in current processes and documentation and improve as required
Interview process: Tele interview, face to face, offer/decline
Ideal start date ASAP but will wait for the right candidate (Aug/Sept/Oct).