Lead Data Engineer – Digital Transformation
A leader in the digital technology market is seeking an experienced Lead Data Engineer to join the team and support the Data & Analytics capability. You will design and develop data processing and data persistence components to handle data at scale. You will work in highly Agile teams and provide development leadership to all the team members.
The Lead Data Engineer will have the following skills:
• Experience with distributed data storage and processing technologies such as Spark, Hadoop and using JVM;
• Demonstrable knowledge of best practice, tools and design methodologies;
• Experience working in an Agile environment;
• Communication skills and stakeholder management experience;
• Mentoring and coaching experience;
• Experience working and leading the development of large-scale data processing solutions, by taking responsibility on non-functional needs: security, performance and robustness.
Desirable skills for the Lead Data Engineer:
• Experience with Data modelling;
• Event-processing architectures experience i.e. Kafka;
• Able to create machine learning algorithms;
• Data transformation and data visualisation experience, with ETL tools such as Talend;
• Development experience using Python and Apache Hadoop.
If you are interested in joining a high-growth service company as a Lead Data Engineer, where you'll help organisations on their digital transformation journey, please submit your CV and I will be in touch shortly.
Due to the consultancy element of this role you will be required to travel and spend time on client site during the working week.