Data Engineer – Hadoop / Spark
Are you a data ninja looking to join a people-oriented organization? Then let's talk! A leader in the digital technology market is looking for a passionate Data Engineer, such as yourself, to join them in delivering some exciting high-profile projects.
As a Data Engineer, you will work in the Data & Analytics team where you'll grow and contribute in solving real-world problems. You will have software development experience with distributed data storage such as Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark and with JVM languages.
The Data Engineer will have:
• Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
• A solid understanding of ETL / ELT data processing pipelines
• Experience in continuous integration technologies (i.e. Jenkins)
• Worked with Git or other version control systems
• An understanding of data storage: log stores, graph, document
• Great communication skills and knows how to best prioritise work
The chosen Data Engineer will ideally (but not a must) have the following skills:
• Experience with Cloudera's distribution of Apache Hadoop
• Data visualization and data transformation with Talend or similar ETL tools
• Have worked with event-processing architectures such CSC products and Kafka
• Python and R experience
If you are looking to join a rapidly-growing organization as a Data Engineer, where you'll have access to a training academy, flexible working hours, I'm looking forward to talking to you!
Please note that due to the consultancy element of this role you will be required to travel and spend time on client site during the working week.