Senior Java Developer (Spring, REST, Cloud) Digital Consultancy
A Senior Java Developer is required by one of the UK's leading Consultancies to join their rapidly expanding Digital Practice as part of the Open Source and Integration capability team. This will see you working on a number of Enterprise-level, Greenfield, development projects with the chance to work on a number of large scale transformation programmes.
We are looking for people that have an obvious passion for Java software engineering. Our Client is offering unparalleled career development, training and promotional opportunities at a time of huge growth.
You will be given the opportunity to gain exposure to a fully updated Java 8 environment, heavily focused on Object Oriented Analysis and Design, with Spring MVC and Agile methodologies being a core focus.
This provides the ability to gain exposure and cross training to cutting-edge technologies such as AWS, Scala, groovy, Angular.js, Spring MVC and REST.
Essential skills required:
• Strong commercial knowledge of Enterprise Java (JEE).
• Development stack experience using Spring.
• Web Application frameworks Spring/MVC, Integration Technologies (Spring Integration, Web Services, XML, REST, JSON)
• Experience of test-driven development using JUnit, Selenium or JBehave
• Worked with a recognised Agile or Iterative development methodology (eg Scrum, XP, DSDM, RUP).
• An active interest or experience in applying other JVM based languages (eg Groovy, Scala, Clojure).
This permanent position is paying up to £80,000 p.a, although all experience levels are welcome. Working for a consultancy you will have access to some of the most high-profile and unique projects happening in the world today. Therefore, you will be required to be fully flexible in terms of mobility and may be required to travel to various client sites across the UK.
Candidates that are Security Clearable or Security Cleared (ie DV Cleared or SC Cleared) will be given the highest priority.
Please send an up to date CV to be considered for this role.
Salaries range from £40-80k