IT Build Engineer / DevOps Engineer – Financial Services - Bournemouth
One of the UK's leading Insurance companies is looking to hire an experienced IT Build Engineer / DevOps Engineer to join the Build Management Team supporting the Digital portfolio within the General Insurance (GI) business unit.
You will need to have previous experience working within a large applications environment, with experience of automating application deployment and configuration management through continuous integration and continuous delivery.
Technically you should be experienced with source control systems, change management, JIRA, GIT and (ideally) Oracle Technical Stack.
You will be joining a growing and highly influential team focussing on 3 main areas; build management, application maintenance and development and code stream management.
This represents a great opportunity to work for a company regarded as one of the best places to work within the financial sector during a phenomenal period of growth, change and transformation. You will be given the opportunity to help make suggestions on toolset as the company moves to a more scalable agile / devops environment.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Experience in building and deploying large-scale Java and .Net applications
• Experience with automating application deployment and environment configuration management
• Experience with continuous build & integration practices using Jenkins
• Experience working with Cloud computing (primarily Azure)
• Administration of source control systems (Git) and branching policies
• Expert knowledge in one or more of the following:
• Gradle, Maven, Ant and dbDeploy build tools
• Any one of the following: Team City, Octopus, SonarQube, Artifactory
Desirable technical skills:
Any knowledge of Guidewire (ClaimCenter/PolicyCenter/BillingCenter) Mulesoft or Sitecore would be considered a distinct advantage
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a Financial Services company that is widely recognised as having one of the best working environments and commitment to personal growth and development through training. You will help take the company on a journey further into Cloud computing, Agile and a true DevOps environment moving towards openshift, docker, ansible.
You will be given 30 days holiday, a bonus scheme of up to 30% and a salary in the range of £70,000 - £80,000 p.a.