BI Project Manager – Retail Utilities transformation programme – Havant
A Project Manager with experience of managing Business Intelligence projects is being sought by a FTSE 100 Energy and Utilities Company to join the Retail IT team, supporting a large transformation agenda.
The role will involve managing 2/3 BI projects (typically 4 – 6 weeks duration) within the Retail portfolio with a value not exceeding £1M. It is therefore essential that applicants have a strong BI / Business Intelligence background / knowledge.
We are looking to contract, on a Rolling 6 month basis, a confident, pragmatic Project Manager, with knowledge and experience of the full Project Lifecycle, who will be able to take responsibility for the delivery of specific projects at varying stages of maturity, from inception through to go-live and support. The projects being delivered mostly sit in the application domain, however, there may also be a requirement to deliver infrastructure and business change elements.
Exposure to Project Management in a retail environment with a large Energy / Utilities company is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Project Management experience gained in a large corporate enterprise – ideally utilities
• Experience of managing small to medium Business Intelligence projects
• Good experience of managing end to end delivery of projects, including PIDS, RAID, Finances and Stakeholder Management and strong project governance
• Demonstrable skills in managing project risks and issues
• Experience in application/IT based programme or project management
• Experience of a matrix organisation
• Organisational Change Management training awareness
• Experience of project cost accounting
• Excellent understanding of IT products, services and systems
• Experience of differing system development lifecycles and methodologies
• Experience of supplier management
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a FTSE 50 company that has an ongoing programme of change and transformation in a relaxed but challenging environment.