Data Technical Architect – Digital Transformation
A leader in the digital technology market is seeking an experienced Data Technical Architect to join the Data & Analytics capability as a senior member of the team.
The Data Technical Architect is responsible for designing and delivering technical components forming part of a larger data solution. They work closely with Solution Architects and Customer Architects to integrate these components into quality data solutions.
What you can expect from your role:
• Machine learning proof of value working with customers on business case identification, use case exploration and data identification accelerated by our ‘datalab in the cloud'
• Delivering mission-critical, scalable data processing platforms for cross-enterprise analytics and data exploitation, using agile data engineering teams.
• You will cover the full big data stack from hardware to user-facing tools with strong expertise in delivering and supporting cloud platforms and cloud transition.
• Work in blended teams, helping customers build an enduring capability.
• Experienced Data Architect from a Technical Architecture perspective
• Proficient in JVM programming languages such as scala, python, jvm, clojure, groovy, jython, jruby, kotlin and comfortable with multiple programming paradigms (functional, OO)
• Experience of technical ownership for a component, sub-system or product (data ingestion, data streaming), including architecture, estimation, product planning and story creation
• Experience of applying standards for design (patterns), development, (style guides) and operational readiness (automation, deployment)
• Experience of deploying polyglot persistence technologies (file system, object, document, key-value, search, RDBMS, graph)
• Experience of data IaaS and PaaS services from AWS, Microsoft or Google
• Comfortable with traditional and contemporary data warehousing concepts
This represents a truly unique opportunity to work as a Senior Data Architect for a collaborative Digital/Agile tech consultancy that regularly features in the Sunday times top 100 "Best Places To Work", has an award winning training academy, (that you'll actually get to use), allows it's employees to work 2 days per week from home (depending on projects) and are involved in some of the most high profile, exciting and high-tech agile and digital projects in the UK.
Due to the consultancy element of this role you will be required to travel and spend time on client site during the working week with one or two days working from home.