Lead Software Engineer – Central London or Telford based - £60k/£65k p.a.
Join a the "Data and Analytics" delivery group of a large global leading consultancy. The group provides a wide range of data analytics solutions in support of a major clients business priorities. You'll collaborate with Business Analysts, Solutions Architects, Software Architects, and other Software Engineers across the full software and solution delivery lifecycle.
The successful candidate will provide technical and design leadership to various software engineering streams of projects and the wider delivery group. The role covers the full project lifecycle from bid/proposal stage, through requirements gathering and analysis, solution design and active involvement in solution development, with delivery leadership responsibility for software engineering teams
We are looking for candidates who have leadership qualities, are still technically hands-on and can demonstrate at interview that they have mastered several Software Engineering areas, applications or database environments.
To apply you should have the following skills and experience:
• Key technologies – Oracle database, SQL, PLSQL, Unix – Hadoop Cloudera Ecosystem – Pentaho DI, BA, Ctools – SAS – Java – Terraform, Ansible, Artifactory – Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Maven – AWS, Azure – Amazon Redshift
• You will have subject matter expert in several of the above key technologies and have an awareness of technology sets across the data engineering, data/DevOps and data analytics sphere.
• You will have extensive experience in the data warehousing solution design, ETL solution and process design and the configuration /implementation key data analytics toolsets to deliver business insights reporting (e.g. SAS analytics, BOXI, Pentaho BA, Power BI)
• Experience of delivery of data solutions in the Cloud, using platforms such as AWS, Azure, and an understanding of Platform as a service (PaaS) and Infrastructure and Code (IaC) concepts.
• You will have a strong understanding of Agile software /solutions delivery, and be able to work in collaboration with Product Owner, Scrum Master, Agile team members and contribute to sprint planning, sprint delivery, blocker resolution, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives and provide expert technical support and guidance to the scrum team.
• Have excellent, proven leadership and be the ability to manage, coach and mentor team members
• Technical ability to act as technical consultant at client and internal proposal/bid/design workshops
• Govern development standards and processes
• Maintain hands-on elements of component development, often taking ownership for the most complex solution elements.
• Contribute to the continuous review and improvement of the delivery group's technical strategy, and delivery process improvements maintaining and improving quality and efficiency of delivery.
You will be provided with the tools for professional development and accelerated career progression. You'll be working in an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit.
Role comes with a good market base salary and a flexible benefits package to suit individual needs which can be tailored to suit you.
Start November - January, 2 stage interview process (Tele & F2F) to decision.