Full Stack Java Developer
Cloud-native is about how applications are built in the cloud. It is an approach to software modernisation, building and running applications in such a way that fully exploits the advantages of the integrated Agile-DevOps-Cloud delivery model.
Our Client's Digital Engineering practice is responsible for helping our clients leverage next generation software in order to engage customers more directly, easily and precisely by developing production ready apps at record speed.
As part of their Digital cloud native engineering practice, you will lead technology innovation for our clients through robust delivery of world-class solutions. You will build better and deliver better products!
This is an opportunity to make a difference within exciting client initiatives.
• Define Low level design, write code, automate build, test and deployment
• Review existing code, build a view of current architecture and cater to re-modelling on GCP.
• Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and architecture teams
• Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Owners to help define and shape deliverables, provide estimates, highlight technical risks and determine technical solutions
• Liaise with operations for technical analysis of the issues
• Collaborate with other technology and product teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design
• Actively participate in the Agile ceremonies and contribute to the overall functioning of self-organised, empowered, high performance team
• Research, learn new methodologies and technologies and implement them in the project to continuously improve and optimize design, code, build, deploy, test lifecycle
• Collaborate and actively contribute in discussions to help define technology and development approach within the team
• Experience of working in Agile methodology
• Java 8 or above
• Scripting (Bash or Python)
• Git SCM • Other JVM Languages (Groovy / Kotlin / Scala)
Frameworks / Protocols
• Spring Boot
• ORM Tools → JPA / Hibernate
• Mocking Frameworks (Mockito / Wire Mock)
• Reactive Java frameworks (RxJava / vert.x)
• BPM frameworks (Camunda / JBPM)
• Any relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
• Experience working with distributed in-memory caches (REDIS / Hazelcast)
• Messaging frameworks (Apache Kafka / Rabbit MQ / Google PubSub)
API / Design
• Experience developing secure RESTful HTTP APIs
• Experience working in a multi-service (or) micro-services ecosystem - producing & consuming APIs
• Test Driven Development / Data Modelling techniques
• Experience working on API gateways (APIGEE / NGINX / Tyk)
• CI / CD experience (Jenkins / Circle CI / Gitlab)
• Docker (or other containerized environments)
• GCP / AWS / Pivotal Cloud Foundry experience
• Commercial Gitlab experience
• GCP certified Developer
• Experience working on a internet facing WebSite / API platform
In return, Our Client can offer a wonderful career platform, exciting & challenging projects and an excellent remuneration package for highly talented and ambitious individuals.