Solution Architect - Guildford, Surrey - £65k-£70k p.a.
We are targeting a Solution Architect with MS Azure experience who has a focus on the ability to get to grips with the technical aspects of the programme rather than just conceptual.
You need to have experience of delivering similar Microsoft Azure components / cloud based technologies as a prerequisite, however you do need to be a ‘Solution Architect' first and demonstrate a decent breadth of knowledge with the ability to communicate at all levels of the business including high level key stakeholders.
Ideal candidate will have moved into solution architecture through the software development ranks with secondary infrastructure knowledge rather than a pure infrastructure / support career path.
Solution Architect to join a dedicated IT Architecture Function assisting in the delivery of a £50m Tech Transformation Programme which is focussed on modernising current systems as the client moves to cloud based (Azure) IT services. You will work within this programme in partnership with internal teams and a 3rd party IT service provider to ensure that solutions are fit for purpose and successfully delivered on Microsoft cloud based technologies.
• Highly skilled and knowledgeable across architectural areas compromising Application, Information, Technology and Solution domains, specifically in the Microsoft Technology domain.
• Expert knowledge and understanding of implementing technical change in existing IT landscapes, specifically with a wide breadth of architectural experience in modernising current IT landscapes, specifically the digitisation of business activities.
• Excellent communicator, able to engage internal colleagues, external partners and business stakeholders at all levels, ensuring clarity of requirements, the positioning of proposed solutions and securing the buy-in to the proposed solutions.
• Proven IT professional with demonstrable history at operating in a variety of roles throughout the systems delivery support lifecycle.
• Self-sufficient and dynamic individual who is able to hit the ground running, looking to achieve rapid results.
To apply you should tick most of the following Key experience / expertise:
• Experience operating in a mixed mode environment of internal / external IT delivery capabilities.
• Excellent vendor management skills, experience of operating in conjunction with large IT vendors.
• Governance / assurance of architectural designs, ensuring compliance to enterprise principles and technology strategy drivers.
• Experience of producing product roadmaps, identifying and managing cross project / portfolio architectural dependencies.
• Governance of functional / non-functional requirements and delivery scope throughout the project life-cycle.
• Business Process Analysis – ability to determine business processes and identify necessary requirements and considerations.
• Enterprise Applications frameworks – focus on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
• Strong Microsoft Technology background.
• Experience of designing and delivering solutions in Microsoft Azure (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS).
• Experience of Azure components specifically: Azure SQL, Logic Apps, Service Fabric, Data Factory, Azure Storage, Application Insights etc.
• Utilising Microsoft BizTalk / Service Bus Integration – nice to have.
Key architecture activities planned over the next 2 years include:
• Production and maintenance of the architectural landscape – covering the whole landscape, detailing systems to be replaced, including transition states informing future technology changes.
• Identification of Architectural dependencies to inform the technology strategy and delivery programme.
• Transitional support as client adopts its future strategic platforms.
• Architectural ownership of design and supporting the delivery of projects.
• Architectural review and assurance of third party proposed designs.
Ideally start October / December, two stage interview process (Tele & F2F) before decision.
Click is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.