Cloud Engineer – Bridgend – GTO
Be part of something exciting! This is an exciting opportunity to join the Next Generation team within Technical services, GTO. The successful candidate will join as a Next Gen Operations Engineer, based in
The service and role offers an exciting environment in which to develop skillsets and experience supporting a wide range of technologies. The service is evolving to align to today's technology including CGI's and 3rd party Cloud offerings, with an opportunity to directly feed into the strategic direction of the area.
Join Tech Services as a Cloud Engineer and you can be in a fast paced environment supporting the newest and latest technology with multiple clients and multiple technologies.
Numerous opportunities are available to increase your skills, progress your career and all whilst working in a South Wales based office. This is your chance to get involved at an early stage with a new project and influence its development: have you always wanted to work on a variety of Cloud platforms as part of a small dynamic team in a friendly work environment, the opportunity is here now.
Your future duties and responsibilities
You will work within a small team providing high quality support to customers, prospects, management and engineering by supporting the Hybrid Cloud management stack and tooling.
You will be involved in troubleshooting operational issues across the cloud infrastructure and the implementation of private/public cloud and hybrid solutions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Demonstrable experience in one or more of Virtualisation, Wintel, SAN and Networking
• In depth Knowledge of one or more Cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure or very strong Virtualisation knowledge
• Understanding of Backup technologies particularly in relation to Appliances and Cloud infrastructure
• Understanding of data centre operations
• Demonstrate strong ability to work effectively with Senior Management and clients
• Ability to work both collaboratively within a team environment
• Exposure to working in a high paced environment, providing service to multiple clients
• Self-directed approach with high degree of initiative to investigate and resolve issues