Due to a group restructure our client is recruiting a developer to design, build, deliver and support an intranet for internal digital channels. Role can be based at Bournemouth, Central London or Croydon.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day support and development ensuring there are no outages and content is targeted to the correct audiences, primarily through continual development.
Day to day:
• Intranet CMS development (using Drupal) - contributing to and maintaining design of user interface, functionality, and further developing the online user experience
• Content creation, support and moderation including training and supporting a network of champions across the business.
• Work in both creative and advisory capacity with the IC teams to enable timely delivery of digital content to internal customers/stakeholders.
• Work with colleagues and clients to understand website requirements and client needs. Writes, tests, and debugs code and applications. Maintains knowledge of programming languages and ensures there are few outages and no single points of failure.
• Assist in the creation and maintenance of new internal communication digital channels alongside the Internal Communications Manager.
• Overall governance of Internal Digital Channels with ongoing reporting, moderation, access & permission administration, optimisation, and measurement of all Digital Channels.
• Provide technical support across all internal digital channels where needed, working with IT and a 3rd party provider for problem management and resolution on issues that may impact the business.
• Influence the direction of our digital channel suite by maintaining a good understanding of new technologies and industry standards and make recommendations that compliment and advance our channel matrix
• Adhoc duties as required to enrich content mix and user experience/employee engagement, including photography, events, presentations and videography (a pre and post-production capability).
To apply you should be able to demonstrate at interview the following skills and experience:
• Advanced coding knowledge and experience in web languages with practical commercial use of XHTML/XML, CSS, and fluent with Adobe Creative Suite and Web Development Tools
• Knowledge and experience of managing digital content platforms and frameworks – including experience in Google Analytics, traffic measurement tools, trend analysis and reporting
• Understanding of enterprise content management systems (CMS), including conceptual development, user journeys, user experience (UX), user interfaces (UI) and CMS platform management
• Experience with an open source CMS (Drupal, WordPress etc.)
• PHP would be advantageous.
• Experience with Adobe products (photoshop)
• Ability to work under pressure and to short timescales
• Self-sufficient time and workload management