Environment Control & Release Consultant - Manchester - £50k/£60k p.a. base
Our client is accelerating its testing and delivery but has identified a lack of environment control and release management is preventing this.
You will ensure the Non-Production Technical Environments (Development, QA, SIT and Pre-Prod Environments) are properly understood, managed (governed & coordinated) and fit for purpose and meet business demand. The role will develop the environment management and release capabilities in line to help the organisation move to an Agile and DevOps environment improving automation through the use of standard patterns within the technical environments.
Things to be addressed immediately by the successful candidate:
1. Perform review of the current technical environment
2. Deliver an outlined, detailed recommendations of what is required to implement improvements
3. Provide recommendations to cover people, process, tools and costs to enable CI/CT/CD.
4. Scope to cover technical environments, Cloud, SV, IaC including a costs/benefits analysis.
• Analyse, Design, Develop and implement technical environment strategy across cloud and on-premise platforms, working with key stakeholders to establish and implement standard patterns and management practices are implemented.
• Design and develop processes to support continuous delivery and adapt test environment management to support on-demand, self-service automation
• Develop, document and agree technical environment Demand Management process, ensuring there is appropriate capacity and availability to support projects, operational testing, development and maintenance activities
• Analyse, Design, Develop Test Data Management processes as well as implement tools for TDM to support continuous testing
• Verify environment components and relationships, ensuring that configuration items are recorded within our environment management tooling.
• Verify environment adherence to security standards and that these standards are maintained in conjunction with policy
• Ensure the environments are monitored ensuring the health of the environment is maintained and ready for its intended use
• Take ownership of technical environmental defects ensuring these are logged and managed through to a successful resolution.
• Ensure the environments remain cost efficient and effective, reusing or decommission of environments when testing has been completed
• Coordinate test environment configuration, deployment and provide support for test activities required to provide a stable test platform.
• Create short-term plans to deliver environments to support Agile delivery
• Assist in Coordination and activities to automate the setup and configuration of test environments
• Communicate test environment availability to stakeholders
• Develop KPIs to track effectiveness of test environment delivery efforts
• Move test environment activities toward a goal of 100% automation
• Provide effort and cost estimates for onboarding of new projects or components into test environments
• Forecast environment requirements and cost based on anticipated future demand from multiple application development squads.
• Input into the analysis and on-going development of the performance management and monitoring tools used across environments to provide clear business and efficiency benefits
• Drive continuous improvement of test environment management activities,
• Develop spend control reporting dashboard and usage metrics, driving cost improvements.
• Platforms – AWS, Mainframe, Websphere, CMS40, ZCloud
• OS – Linux, Windows
• Application - Tomcat/Apache, Java, Hybris, Puppet
• Scripting - Perl, Python, Bash, Ruby
• Database - Oracle, DB2, Oracle RDS, Dynamo DB, My SQL
Ideally start December/ASAP but can wait for the right person.
Click is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.