Senior Network Engineer (Cisco & Security) - Guildford - £50k/£53k + Attractive benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer to join our Group IT Function in Guildford.
Join a top of the class Cisco network & security team as a Senior Network Engineer. The team are responsible for identifying network requirements to ensure the security and business continuity of the organisation are met. You will be designing and implementing any improvements identified as well as being an escalation point for operational support and to engage with third party suppliers and service providers where necessary.
To be considered for this role you will have;
• A solid background in Cisco Network Engineering (inc. Switching, Routing and Security)
• Strong diagnostic skills and the ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to prioritise a dynamic workload.
At interview you will be required to demonstrate your experience in operational support, design and implementation of Cisco network technologies, with a focus on Routing & Switching technologies and Security appliances.
Other skills that are required for this role:
• Routing Technologies – EIGRP, BGP, Route-Maps, Redistribution
• Switching – Catalyst Switches, VLANs, STP, DHCP Snooping, ARP Inspection
• Firewalls (ASA and FTD)
• VPN Technologies (IPSec, SSL etc)
• Cisco Wireless technologies
• ISE - NAC (802.1X), Guest/Sponsor portals
• F5 BIG-IP (LTM, ASM)
Additional Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Exposure to Nexus Switches
• Cisco WSA (IronPort)
• Cisco CDA
• Telephony Systems (Siemens/Unify-OpenScape)
• Polycom video conferencing environments
Whilst Cisco certification is not mandatory it is preferred as you will need to be able to demonstrate technical knowledge to CCNP & CCNP Security level.
2 stage interview – 30 min tech pre-screen tele call / Face to face interview / Offer or decline
Start February / March.
Click is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.