Service Transition Manager - Manchester - £52k / £55k p.a. - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Service Transition Manager is required to provide guidance during the business transition stage of a major programme to implement a new operating platform and system that will be used by approximately 1500 employees and 35k external users. A 3rd party partner is responsible for the design and build of this new system and the ongoing delivery of a managed service to support the platform and system.
The transition plan includes a support model workstream involving mobilisation of the managed service, development of current and new in house skills and services and re design of the wider support model to meet future strategic requirements.
The service transition manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of a broad range of project activities relating to the transition period focusing on the managed service mobilisation, and the development of the appropriate organisational structure of business teams during the transition period and beyond.
• Develop a service mobilisation plan with 3rd Party Partner and set up the Managed Service.
• Develop a service mobilisation plan for the introduction of development and support service
• Work with colleagues to actively drive the implementation of the plans
• Drive the delivery of the activities in the plans, ensuring appropriate resourcing is in place.
• Act as a point of contact for 3rd Party Partner and ensure the complex set of portfolio activities being delivered are appropriately supported by service plans
• Document service acceptance criteria for the 3rd party service and the internal service and obtain sign-off at appropriate stages of transition
• Work in partnership with the internal Service Manager to effect transition, and provide a handover to them for ongoing management of the service
• Support internal leadership teams to coordinate activities relating to the future strategic support model and organisation design ensuring appropriate scheduling and prioritising of the impact on teams and series delivery.
• Manage the project risk log and associated reporting, working with work-stream leads to identify and mitigate risks accordingly.
• Prepare regular RAG status reports and other reporting mechanisms as required for various stakeholders.
• Work with internal colleagues and elsewhere across the business to ensure that project plans are in line with wider capacity plans and resources are available to meet needs.
• Maintain outstanding working relationships with project and portfolio governance groups and key stakeholders, communicating appropriately to ensure a clear understanding of project progress at all times.
To Apply candidates should have the following skills and experience:
• Previous experience of performing a similar Service Transition Management role
• Demonstrable experience of leading transition and organisation design projects related to the implementation of a Managed Service, ideally where the service provider is based outside the UK
• Demonstrable experience of leading Organisation Service Design related projects within an IT Department
• Demonstrable experience of ITIL methodology and processes
• Demonstrable experience of managing plans in a matrix environment where other workstreams deliver some of the activities
• PRINCE2 accredited or similar relevant qualification is desirable
• Strong people management skills with the ability to inspire and motivate team members and other colleagues to meet deliverables and adhere to agreed processes and ways of working
• Ability to work effectively across all levels of the organisation, leading by example to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of partners, delivery teams and stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to work collaboratively, negotiate, influence and provide constructive challenge
• Able to solve problems and unblock challenges that may hinder project progress
• Ability to proportionately apply PPM tools to projects as appropriate
• Ability to influence and collaborate with teams in BSG and across the business
• Clear, structured thinking with the ability to simply articulate complex concepts
• Regularly displays courage and calmness under pressure and supports team members colleagues through change
• Outcome focussed and pragmatic
Start February / ASAP
Click is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.