Infrastructure Project Manager - £57k/£62k p.a. - Guildford
Join the project management team of a Guildford based organisation and be responsible for the successful delivery of a portfolio of Infrastructure projects and associated outputs that meet programme and business needs. This will be in the context of the infrastructure, systems and cyber security workstreams.
• Ensure that project outputs and outcomes are effectively managed.
• Liaise across all developments that impact on programme delivery, working with other Project Managers as necessary, to ensure all outputs are aligned and effectively managed.
• Lead on and deliver key infrastructure project processes and products, to include stakeholder risk, benefits and communications management.
• Produce core project artefacts such as PIDs plans and business plans in a way facilitates understanding and decision making and develop supporting products as required.
• Plan effectively for the whole project lifecycle – work with the Service Management and Support teams to ensure smooth and effective migration from project to live running and ongoing support.
• Clarify Project critical path and work proactively to ensure this is delivered.
• Work with colleagues to ensure that project plans are in line with wider capacity plans and resources are available to meet needs.
• Define, apply and maintain proportionate application of project methodology
• Proactively identify exceptions as early as possible to take corrective action. When necessary escalate early with an options appraisal, including the recommended option.
• Ensure the delivery of both the cost and benefits aspects of the business case, taking responsibility for budget management and reporting for assigned projects.
• Lead and motivate the wider project team, driving best practice, developing skills and ensuring learning are captured.
• Set challenging objectives for the team members and monitor progress through regular feedback and coaching.
To apply you should have the following skills and experience:
• Proven experience of leading and mentoring an Infrastructure project team
• Proven skills in current infrastructure technologies & willingness to maintain & develop technical skills as new technologies emerge
• Ability to guide and challenge colleagues on technical matters and drive the team to effective solutions
• Demonstrate effective use different project management methodologies (Agile and PRINCE qualifications)
• Ability to proportionately apply PPM tools to projects as appropriate
• Ability to resolve problems and adapt to change.
• Influencing and collaboration
• Ability to work effectively across all levels of the organisation
• Analytical skills at different levels of abstraction, problem solving
• Able to identify and articulate project milestones
• Goal directed – maintain focus on the business case objectives
• Regularly displays courage and calmness under pressure – Battle Scarred!
• Ability to translate a vision into achievable goals and provide clear direction to achieve organisational objectives.
• Numerate with the ability to develop sound business cases and benefit plans
• Ability to lead by example to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of partners and stakeholders.
• Technically adept, developed from multiple technical projects, including applications and infrastructure
• Demonstrates strong team leadership and performance management of the team in meeting project goals
• Leadership skills:
o Set challenging targets and support staff to achieve them
o Manage performance of staff effectively
o Work flexibly and adapt management style to get the best performance from staff
o Demonstrable experience of leading technical & infrastructure projects to a successful conclusion
o Experience of successfully developing teams to achieve business and personal goals.
• Demonstrable experience of supporting a business in implementing multiple simultaneous projects.
• Experience of manging project budgets and developing business cases for new projects
Ideally start December/January but can wait for the right person. Two stage interview process (Tele & F2F) before decision.
Click is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.