Calling all Big/Data Engineers looking for a new and challenging role? This could be the role for you! We are currently recruiting for a Big/ Data Engineer based in Edinburgh/London or Manchester on behalf a leading data management and analytics consultancy.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company. You will be someone who takes ownership and accountability for mission critical initiatives and deliverables both internally and for clients. You will also have awareness of current market trends in data having the ability to influence opinion and decisioning across the Data Management spectrum.
Candidates must have the below skills and experience:
• Previous experience in a Big/Data Engineer role
• Strong SQL skills
• Programming background in Python, R, Java or Scala
• Working with Hadoop ecosystem e.g. Spark, Hive/Impala, Databricks
• Understanding of data modelling techniques e.g. Kimball
• Experience of cloud based big data offerings such as Amazon EMR, Azure HDInsights or Google Dataproc
• Experience of cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS or Google Could Platform
• Experience working with an ETL tool e.g. Azure Data Factory, SSIS & Talend
• Experience working with data streams e.g. Kafka
• Experience working with large, structured and unstructured datasets
• Experience with database technologies (relational, NoSQL, graph)
• Expertise with version control e.g. git
• Excellent track record in executive stakeholder and sponsor management and maintaining valuable relationships.
If you would like to know more about this wonderful opportunity get in touch ASAP to further discuss.