We are looking for a Senior Device Architecture & Systems Engineer on a permanent basis to join our innovative client based in Edinburgh.
Your role will include but not limited to considering all product requirements such as customers' requirements, digital/analogue ASIC process technologies, optoelectronics and link budget, data transmission protocols, software/firmware, packaging options, design/system constraints and trade-offs, and propose viable solutions.
Candidates applying for this role should have the following skills and experience:-
- Educated to at least Bachelor’s degree standard in electronics, optics, or communication system engineering.
- Significant design engineering experience in any of the following fields: ASIC design, optoelectronics, communication systems, RF, radar systems or microelectronics.
- Working knowledge of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle as well as delivering a project cradle-to-grave.
- Can provide innovative problem-solving skills capable of drawing upon strong engineering and technical background.
- Excellent numerical, analytical, and simulation skills utilising industry-standard tools such as Matlab, Python, Zemax, etc.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Systems design experience for products integrated in high volume consumer electronics such as smartphones, tablets, laptops is desirable.
- Knowledge of fundamental telecommunication protocols including IEEE 802.11, free space optics systems and concepts is desirable.
- Familiarity with some or all the following: embedded processor system design, analogue and digital electronics, component selection, knowledge of PCB design is desirable.
Please call Charlene ASAP on 0131 297 4614 to discuss further or email me on email@example.com - Look forward to hearing from you.