Our client is looking for an Infrastructure Support Engineer to work within their structured environment promoting the delivery of a high-quality service.
Essential technical skills and experience required:
- Good working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems and knowledge of IT networking infrastructures.
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases and Virtualisation systems.
- Experience in processing IT service desk requests, following through issues until resolved.
- At least 1 years’ experience of working in a commercial systems support environment.
- Understanding of ITIL processes and procedures.
- Candidate should be qualified to HND level or in a Computer Science (or a related computing discipline) subject.
If you have any of the following additional skills, this would be of particular interest too:
- scripting languages (Linux, VB, Bash etc).
- PKI & VPN technologies.
- installing/maintaining Apache open-source components.
- working in within an ISO-27001 compliant environment.
- configuration and deployment in Azure
- Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Infrastructure as Code