We have an excellent Tooling Solutions Architect permanent job opportunity to proactively and holistically lead and support enterprise architecture activities that guide the development and management of tools and services within our client’s IT Services.
The Tooling Solutions Architect will be a key member of the Technology leadership team, providing strategic direction, anticipating challenges, driving performance and building the capability required to ensure secure and robust technical solutions and supporting infrastructure.
Some of the key Responsibilities include the following:-
Candidates applying for this role should have the following
- Works with other enterprise architects (e.g. business, network, security architects, etc.) to analyse enterprise business context (business strategy and trends), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture viewpoints (such as business, information and solution) to derive the future-state technology architecture.
- Leads development of architectures for tooling used within IT services and the wider organisation, ensuring tools are utilised to their maximum potential and fit within the ecosystem.
- Leads the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies, legacy and technical debt and recommends solutions for improvement. Drives digital innovation by leveraging innovative technologies and approaches to renovate, extend and transform the existing core technology base and IT Services.
- Establishes policy and strategy for the selection of solution architecture components and takes responsibility for the strategy and methods used in implementing a solution architecture in a significant area of the organisation. Manages the technical strategies, policies, standards and practices, ensures that they are applied correctly, and promotes consistency.
- Co-ordinates design activity, for solution architecture components, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency.
- Takes responsibility for the technical integrity of solution designs, ensuring that reusable elements are recognised, and that work is not unnecessarily duplicated.
- Manages or co-ordinates the solution architecture function within the infrastructure function, focusing on hosting.
- Assists with designing the governance, assurance and standards activities associated with ensuring enterprise technology architecture compliance of projects and products.
- Works with key stakeholders and IT Services to help develop and implement monitoring tools across the organization.
- Within a business change programme, manages the programme's target design, policies and standards with respect to technology tooling. Works proactively to achieve stable, viable designs and ensure consistency of design across projects within the programme.
- Defines high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the future and current state, typically in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes.
- Consults on application or infrastructure development projects to align systems or tools with the enterprise technology architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the technology architecture to accommodate immediate or future project needs.
- Creates technology roadmaps which align strategic plans with emerging technology solutions and gains commitment to their use.
- Engages with, and influences, relevant stakeholders to obtain commitment to infrastructure technology roadmaps.
- Excellent experience of design and implementation in IT, with a deep knowledge of implementation and management of tooling such as Autopilot, ServiceNow, Intune, Jamf, Tanium and Zabbix amongst others.
- Solid understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability to support agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt.
- Demonstrable ability to understand the long-term (‘big picture’) and short-term perspectives of situations and how they relate to achieving targeted business outcomes.
- Experience of applying multiple technical solutions or alternatives and estimating their financial impacts to enable future-state business capabilities that drive targeted business outcomes.
- Capable of researching, analysing and capitalising on the functions and capabilities of existing, new and emerging technologies.
- Desirable qualifications: Advanced ITIL, TOGAF, IASA.
Charlene Morrison - firstname.lastname@example.org