Our Birmingham based client has a permanent, hybrid-working opportunity for a Dynamics Developer and will be suited to someone with previous Power Portals and Microsoft Dynamics development experience. Experience of working in a product or agile team is also desirable. We are looking for a driven, team player who is continually learning and comfortable assisting with the technical vision and some mentorship of Junior Developers in the team.
Day to day you will be working within a team of developers. You will also work closely with the projects product owner and stakeholders to deliver new features and services as well as supporting the day-to-day operations of the Dynamics platform.
You will have the opportunity to support the software development practices and processes in the team. Through collaboration with other teams within you will help deliver institutional digital strategy objectives.
Main dutiesSenior Developer
- Relevant experience of software development on the Dynamics platform
- Experience of supporting on the design and implementation of technical solutions
- Experience of working within an agile or product team
- Experience with Continuous Deployment/Continuous Integration (CI/CD) processes
- Experience using source control. Azure Dev Ops and Git knowledge advantageous
- Knowledge in writing and applying automated tests
- Knowledge of process automation an advantage
- Experience of working with end users
- Experience of user experience and user interface design advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analysis and troubleshooting skills
- A continuous improvement mentality
Product team member
- Support the enhancement of the product according to the product backlog through the design, development, and testing of the product.
- Support in the development of tactical and strategically significant digital solutions utilising multiple technologies.
- Support the use of source control systems to automate and enhance delivery processes.
- Support the use of Agile Scrum techniques to develop the product.
- Grow and share knowledge of specific technical areas as required for the product.
- Help lead in the ongoing technical support and advice for the product.
- Support in the collection of feedback from end users and other stakeholders.
- Support on the identification of accessibility requirements and implement solutions to the required standard.
- Champion the development and exploitation of Power Portals in the organisation
- Initiate and manage investigation and development of new features in the product and identify and promote their benefits to the organisation
- Collaborate with other teams to share best practice, experience and knowledge
- Participate as a senior member of the team.
- Actively participate in Scrum events.
- Collaborate with team colleagues to craft solutions together, with an ability to communicate technical needs to non-technical colleagues.
- Work within (and be part of evolving) the Team Charter to ensure technical and documentation standards are met.
- Keep abreast of technological practices and trends to continuously improve ways of working.
- Assist the team in identifying potential solutions to user problems through Agile development practices.
- Support on the development of systems on the Dynamics platform ensuring consistency with specified requirements.
- Establish policy and strategy for the selection of system architecture components, and co-ordinates design activities.
- Ensure that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
To apply please contact: